POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IRTC - Proposal for voting policies : Re: IRTC - Proposal for voting policies Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC - Proposal for voting policies
From: David Buck
Date: 12 Mar 2008 05:31:55
Message: <47d7b11b$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> "gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> schreef in bericht
>>
>> As far as addresses and phone numbers, IANAL, but I wonder if there were
>> some
>> countries where this could be a problem for you to obtain the address and
>> phone
>> number of minors, even if you do so by an online form where they say they
>> are of
>> age. And I trust Chris and David "today", but with mission drift over a
>> decade
>> I'm sure that data is going to get spilled somehow somewhere along the
>> way.
>>
> IMO, it is not only a question concerning minors, it is just a question of
> privacy. My phone number, for instance is not available publicly here by
> deliberate choice.
>
> Thomas

I've come to agree with the privacy concerns.  Even though the intent
was always to keep that information private and visible only to IRTC
admins, it does cause too many privacy concerns.

I will make the section optional and add a note explaining that it is
optional and how it would be used if provided.

E-mail confirmation will be required.

David